We had the opportunity to talk with filmmaker Jim Cummings about his 2016 Indie Grits selected film, Thunder Road.
1. What is your connection to the South?
I was born and raised in New Orleans, and my character was an LSU graduate.
2. What was your muse for this film?
3. What was your first film?
I honestly can’t remember. I’ve been making films for a while, but I always look back on This Is Jay Calvin as my first real acting.
4. Did anything interesting or funny happen on set during the shooting?
We shot for 6 hours in this little chapel in Altadena, California. It was the easiest shoot I’d had all year.
We did 6 full shots, and two we had to cut short because the audience laughed at the performance.
5. If you’ve been to Indie Grits before, what’s your favorite memory?
I haven’t been yet, but 3 other films that I produced were in the festival and my co-producer will be in attendance this year!